While our heroes in the 24th century can easily zip forward in time a little bit (much to the chagrin of the Department of Temporal Investigations), it’s not quite that easy for a 1,021-foot, 14-deck starship at sea that can carry 3,000 passengers and 1,200 crew members.
So, like the Enterprise-D docking at the Remmler Array for a nice, refreshing baryon sweep, Star Trek: The Cruise V is taking advantage of the extra time before the next voyage to make sure our adventure feels like the final frontier of luxury cruising.
The Mariner of the Seas recently completed a $120 million renovation, making it one of the finest vessels in the galaxy with no shortage of options for those seeking action or relaxation.
That’s why Starfleet enlisted Trekspert Jordan Hoffman, who hosts several events and activities on the cruise, to take a virtual sweep of the starship to envision the Star Trek world playing out on the Mariner.
- Imagine you are Captain Kirk plummeting from the side of El Capitan on the Sky Pad virtual-reality bungee trampoline.
- Challenge yourself to see how long you can stay on the FlowRider surf simulator before you end up splashing like Mr. Spock in the San Francisco Bay after bringing George and Gracie centuries in the future to speak to a probe.
- Take on the twin corkscrew waterslides that appear to hang off the side of the ship — perfect for reenacting scenes from Voyager episode “The Chute.”
- You will need Spock-like logic to solve the Puzzle Break Escape Room.
- Ready to energize your inner warp core? Dining options will feature more diversity than ever, with a taste of Italy at Jamie’s Italian by Jamie Oliver, a trip to Japan with fresh sushi and sashimi at Izumi, a warp-speed transport to food truck heaven at the Boardwalk Dog House, or a dose of Americana with creamy milkshakes and a classic burger at Johnny Rockets. Don’t forget your daily boost at the onboard Starbucks!
- Wind down and relive each epic day at the amazing array of bars and lounges, including more bars than ever on the Promenade. It’s always game on at the new Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade and we may find ourselves singing some of Data’s beloved Gilbert and Sullivan or Worf’s Klingon war songs at the piano bar Schooner’s.
Of course, the full transformation of the ship into the ultimate Trek amusement park at sea will only be revealed to you when you board the ship on February 26, 2022!