- Before You Book
- What is the cruise itinerary?
- How much does the cruise cost and what does the price include?
- Are handicapped accessible cabins available?
- Are payment plans available?
- Does ECP offer any discounts on cabin prices?
- I am a Crown and Anchor ® member, do I get rewards?
- What documentation do I need to travel?
- What is the Cancellation Policy?
- Is there an age requirement? Can children sail?
- Book and Manage Your Reservation
- Pre-Cruise Details
- How and when should I arrive to Port of Miami?
- If I’m flying when should I schedule my flights?
- Is there a recommended hotel the night before the cruise?
- Can I bring alcohol onboard?
- Can I bring bottled water or soda onboard?
- What type of documentation is required for boarding?
- What is the online check in process?
- How and when can I purchase pre-cruise packages and activities?
- Are beverage packages available for purchase?
- Are dining packages available for purchase?
- How and when can I purchase shore excursions?
- Once On Board
- Will I receive a schedule of performances and activities?
- When do I receive my Cruise Identification Card?
- Am I guaranteed to see every show?
- What time do I eat dinner?
- Can I interact with the actors and actresses while on board?
- Can I take pictures and video while on board?
- What is the dress code?
- Is Wi-Fi available for purchase?
- Can I smoke while on board?
- What is the best emergency contact number?
- Special Needs and Requirements
- Is there accessible seating available in The Palace Theater?
- Does Royal Caribbean provide wheelchairs or scooters on the ship?
- Is wheelchair assistance provided at the pier before and after the cruise?
- Will we be tendering or docking at the ports of call?
- Can Royal Caribbean accommodate guests with special dietary requirements?
- Are service animals allowed onboard?
- Is there licensed medical staff onboard?
Before You Book
What is the cruise itinerary?
- Descriptions and highlights for the ports of call can be found HERE.
How much does the cruise cost and what does the price include?
The total cost of the cruise is dependent on the stateroom category reserved. The pricing (per person, based on double occupancy) can be found HERE. The per person cost includes:
- Round trip cruise from Miami, FL.
- All onboard entertainment, all performances, interviews, parties and events presented on the cruise (This does not include any special Artist-Hosted Events which require sign up and/or a fee.)
- All meals (“Included Dining” features breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in the buffet and Sapphire Main Dining as well as late-night mini buffets throughout the ship).
- 24 Hour Room Service *Service fee and overnight hour surcharge.
- As part of the “Included Dining” experience, non-bottled beverages (i.e. coffee, juices, tea) are provided without charge.
- Recreation facilities, such as Fitness Center, Pools, Hot Tubs, Basketball Court, Jogging Track, Rock Climbing Wall, Flowrider, Mini Golf.
- In room TV and movies (excluding pay-per-view movies)
- Full service room cleaning (twice a day).
Cruise price does not include:
- Air and ground transportation to and from Miami, ground transportation in ports of call, pre and post cruise lodging, dining in specialty restaurants, personal expenditures and purchases such as photos, souvenirs, excursions, spa services, alcoholic and/or carbonated beverages, gambling and travel insurance.
Royal Caribbean offers several drink packages. More information can be found HERE.
Are handicapped accessible cabins available?
- The Explorer of the Seas has a variety of accessible cabins in numerous stateroom category types. To review current availability, please contact our office at 844.335.6515 Mon-Fri 9-5PM CST.
Are payment plans available?
- Entertainment Cruise Productions (ECP), producers of STAR TREK: THE CRUISE™ V is proud to offer a variety of payment plans to fit your needs including monthly payment options. Payment plans will be displayed during the reservation process.
Does ECP offer any discounts on cabin prices?
- Discounted rates are available to guests who have previously sailed on one of our cruise programs.
- We offer a 5% discount for payment in full at time of booking.
- We also offer a 5% military discount to active or retired military personnel. A copy of a DD214 is required in order to apply the discount and may not be combined with other offers.
I am a Crown and Anchor ® member, do I get rewards?
- STAR TREK: THE CRUISE™ V is a full-ship charter so the standard Crown and Anchor ® rewards do not apply. Guests may still earn credit for days sailed, but rewards and perks are not available during STAR TREK: THE CRUISE™ V .
What documentation do I need to travel?
- US Citizens are required to travel with either: a valid US passport with at least six (6) months validity during their cruise OR a valid state ID AND an original birth certificate. There is no exception to this policy. Non-US Citizens should contact the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line for specific requirements. Additional document requirements can be found HERE.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
- Payments are non-refundable. Entertainment Cruise Productions strongly encourages the purchase of Travel Insurance. Though insurance may be purchased up to 48 hours prior to sailing, to secure the broadest coverage, including pre-existing conditions, Travel Insurance must be purchased within 14 days of the payment of your deposit. Additional details regarding travel insurance can be found HERE.
- All reservation cancellation requests must be made by contacting our office at 844.335.6515 Mon-Fri 9-5PM CST. Changes made to an existing reservation after cruise line reservation numbers are distributed to guests (approx. 120 days before sailing) are subject to a $150 manifest change fee.
Is there an age requirement? Can children sail?
- Passengers must be 21 years of age or older on the date that the ship embarks. Passengers who are between the ages of 13-20 are permitted to sail if they are accompanied by an adult 21 years of age and booked in the same or adjoining cabin. Guests who are 12 and under are not permitted to sail.
Book and Manage Your Reservation
How do I make my reservation?
- Reservations can be made online HERE or by speaking with a Reservation Specialist Monday-Friday 9-5 PM Central at 844-335-6515.
How can I view and make changes to my reservation?
- Once a reservation is made, you can view your reservation HERE. If you need to make changes to your reservation (change cabin, update payment information, add or remove a guest, correct contact information, cancel your reservation) please contact a Reservation Specialist Monday-Friday 9-5 PM Central at 844-335-6515 or by emailing email@example.com . All reservation cancellation requests must be made by contacting our office. Changes made to an existing reservation after cruise line reservation numbers are distributed to guests (approx. 120 days before sailing) are subject to a $150 manifest change fee.
How and when should I arrive to Port of Miami?
- STAR TREK: THE CRUISE™ V embarks from the Port of Miami on Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 4:00PM EST. All guests must be onboard no later than 2:30PM EST for a mandatory safety drill. Boarding the day of the cruise typically begins around 11:00AM EST.
If I’m flying when should I schedule my flights?
- Unless you reside near Port of Miami, we recommend guests arrive the day prior to the cruise. The pier is about 25 minutes from the Miami Airport and about 45 minutes from the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. The day of disembarkation, March 14, 2021, the ship arrives back in Miami at 7:00AM EST. Due to the time it takes to clear Customs and Immigration it is difficult to estimate the exact time you will be able to depart the ship. To be safe, we do not recommend any flights scheduled prior to 11:00AM EST from the Miami airport or 1:00PM EST from the Ft. Lauderdale airport.
Is there a recommended hotel the night before the cruise?
- We often are able to negotiate a group rate with a hotel near the embarkation port. Guests are responsible for making their own reservation and assume all financial responsibility. We also offer a shuttle service from the hotel to the port the morning of the cruise for $20 per person. Hotel and transportation details will be made available soon.
Can I bring alcohol onboard?
- Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor on board. On boarding day, guests may bring on board two (2) 750 ml bottles of personal wine or champagne per stateroom in their carry-on luggage. If more than two bottles of wine or champagne are brought onboard, including any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, they will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on your last day onboard. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in dining or bar venues, a corkage fee will apply.
Can I bring bottled water or soda onboard?
- Guests may bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Distilled water brought on for medical or dietary use are permitted.
What type of documentation is required for boarding?
- US Citizens are required to travel with either; a valid US passport with at least six (6) months validity during their cruise OR a valid state ID AND an original birth certificate. There is no exception to this policy. Non-US Citizens should contact the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line for specific requirements.
What is the online check in process?
- All guests are encouraged to complete the online check-in process with Royal Caribbean at least 3 days prior to sailing. To complete your check-in, you will need the following information: Ship Name, Sail Date, Royal Caribbean Reservation Number, passport or appropriate proof of citizenship and identification, home address, emergency contact information, travel plans pre/post cruise, and credit card for onboard expenses. Further details as to how and when to complete the check-in process will be communicated via email as we approach the cruise date.
How and when can I purchase pre-cruise packages and activities?
- A few months prior to the cruise you will be emailed a Royal Caribbean Cruise Line Reservation Number. Once you have this number, you will have access to Royal Caribbean’s “Cruise Planner.” Check HERE to view available packages for purchase.
Are beverage packages available for purchase?
- Royal Caribbean offers a variety of beverage packages available for purchase prior to boarding. More information can be found HERE. Any guest wishing to purchase an alcoholic beverage package must do so for all guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom. All other beverage packages can be purchased by individual guests, however all packages are for single guest use and cannot be shared by multiple people.
Are dining packages available for purchase?
- Royal Caribbean offers a variety of specialty dining packages available for purchase prior to boarding. More information can be found HERE.
How and when can I purchase shore excursions?
- Whether you are looking for an action-packed adventure, a relaxing beach escape or an escorted tour around the city, Royal Caribbean has endless excursions available at each port of call. Excursions can be purchased by visiting the Shore Excursion desk onboard or by logging into your CRUISE PLANNER. You can view available excursions HERE.
Once On Board
Will I receive a schedule of performances and activities?
- The moment you step onboard you are greeted by staff and will receive a Souvenir Program that will outline the schedule for the week.
When do I receive my Cruise Identification Card?
- As part of the check-in process, you will receive a color coded Cruise Identification Card. This card has several uses (room key, charge card for onboard purchases, identification card for boarding and disembarking) and serves to confirm which of the nightly Main Shows you will attend. Guests with one color attend the 1st Show and Guests with the other color attend the 2nd Show. Please check your card at that time to make sure that the color of your Cruise Identification Card is consistent with your reservation information. We will correct any mistakes made in the issuance of the Cruise Identification Cards, but it is highly unlikely that moving from one show time to another can be accommodated.
Am I guaranteed to see every show?
- STAR TREK: THE CRUISE™ V is a festival and our schedule will be filled with exciting events that sometimes overlap. It is impossible to see every show, there’s just too much to do! You are guaranteed admission in your assigned Main Stage show each night.
What time do I eat dinner?
- Guests can dine at any time they wish. Typically, if you are assigned to the 1st Main Show it makes sense to dine after the show. If you are assigned to the 2nd show, it makes sense to dine prior to the evening show.
Can I interact with the actors and actresses while on board?
- Unlike at a convention, our celebrities do not go home at the end of the day. You will see and can interact with your favorite celebrities in the elevator, at the pool, and during daily events and activities that feature some of their hobbies and favorite things to do. Although the celebrities will be accessible on board, we do ask that you are respectful of their personal time and give them privacy when appropriate.
Can I take pictures and video while on board?
- We encourage guests to take as many pictures and video as they wish. However, we ask that guests refrain from taking photos and videos in the main show each evening. We have a professional photo/video team on board. They will make photos and videos from the main show available for free HD download on our website after the cruise.
What is the dress code?
- One of the exciting elements of STAR TREK: THE CRUISE™ V is our theme nights! Each night the ship transforms into the stated theme. Past themes have included Disco, 60s, Pajama Night, Masquerade, Intergalactic Galas and more! We will announce our themes for this year’s voyage as we approach our sailing date leaving plenty of time to plan your costumes!
Is Wi-Fi available for purchase?
- RCCL offers VOOM Wireless Internet Access. All that is required is a wireless device with Wi-Fi capability. Prices for internet access vary and are subject to change. Internet access can be purchased on board or through your CRUISE PLANNER.
Can I smoke while on board?
- Cigarette, cigar, e-cigarette and pipe smoking is permitted in designated outdoor areas of the starboard side of all ships. Casino Royale allows smoking and has a designated area for non-smoking guests. There will be visible signage indicating the non-smoking area in the casino. Smoking is not permitted inside any stateroom and any stateroom balcony. This applies to all stateroom categories. If a guest is in violation of this stateroom policy, a cleaning fee of $250 USD will be applied to their SeaPass® account and may be subject to further action.
What is the best emergency contact number?
- Your friends and family can contact the ship by calling (888) 724-7447. Or from outside the U.S. they can call (321) 953-9003. You can also use the onboard Internet Cafés, stateroom Internet connection, or Hot Spots to send an e-mail to your friends or family for a minimal fee.
Special Needs and Requirements
Is there accessible seating available in The Palace Theater?
- Yes, the Seating Assistance For Entry (SAFE) is a seating assignment program in the main theater predominately for guests with mobility issues, such as those who are bound to wheelchairs or using a scooter. Due to the configuration of the theater, Entertainment Cruise Productions cannot guarantee a seat close to the stage. We can only guarantee a seat that is easily accessible for the nightly main show. If you require this assistance complete the SAFE form HERE. You will receive further details once your completed form is received.
Does Royal Caribbean provide wheelchairs or scooters on the ship?
- If you would like to have a wheelchair or scooter during the cruise, you are welcome to bring your own or rent one from a company that provides wheelchairs and scooter rentals for cruises:
- Scootaround (formerly Care Vacations): 1-888-441-7575 or 1-204-982-0657
- Special Needs at Sea: 1-800-513-4515 or 1-954-585-0575
- If you would like to have a wheelchair or scooter during the cruise, you are welcome to bring your own or rent one from a company that provides wheelchairs and scooter rentals for cruises:
Is wheelchair assistance provided at the pier before and after the cruise?
- RCCL offers boarding and departure assistance to guests in wheelchairs or with mobility disabilities. To request assistance at the pier, contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may prioritize your assistance to go onboard. Wheelchair assistance for boarding is available from the terminal check-in, to the ship.
Will we be tendering or docking at the ports of call?
- At some ports, the ship will anchor off shore, and guests are taken to shore by small boats called tenders. We do not control this and even if the ship is scheduled to dock at a pier, it can change to tendering. Guests with assistive devices who are unable to take a few steps will be unable to board tenders unless roll-on capability is available. In order to safely board most tenders, guests must be able to take steps and use a collapsible manual wheelchair. In addition, motorized wheelchairs and mobility scooters cannot be taken on tenders, unless roll-on capability is available. Please note roll-on capability is not guaranteed.
Can Royal Caribbean accommodate guests with special dietary requirements?
- RCCL makes every effort to accommodate every guest’s dietary requirements whenever possible. A variety of vegetarian meals are available on all menus in the Dining Room and Windjammer Cafe every day. Guests do not need to make a special request for these meals. Food allergies, gluten-free, kosher, low-fat, low-sodium, lactose-free/soy milk, ensure, and kosher meals are available at no extra charge; however, guests must notify RCCL at least 45 days prior to sailing via e-mail requests to email@example.com ; Please include in the e-mail the guests’ names, RCCL reservation number, ship name and sail date. E-mails will receive an automated response.
Are service animals allowed onboard?
- To review Royal Caribbean’s Service Animal policy click HERE.
Is there licensed medical staff onboard?
- Yes, each ship has a minimum of one fully licensed doctor, and a minimum of two licensed nurses onboard. All Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. ships have shipboard medical facilities that are built, staffed, stocked and equipped to meet or exceed guidelines established by the American College of Emergency Physicians Cruise Ship & Maritime Medicine Section.
I can’t go this year, but when can I book for next year?
- Next year’s cruise will open for public sale shortly after the 2021 cruise returns. Keep in mind that the current guests have the opportunity to rebook for the following year while on the 2021 sailing, so inventory may be limited upon return. Check back to the website often for more specific details and get on our email list to learn about any pre-sale opportunities.
The cruise is sold out, can I join a waitlist?
- Yes! We encourage you to join our waiting list if you are interested in sailing in 2021. There are always cancellations throughout the year and we contact those on the wait list based on when they joined and the selected cabin preference. You can join the wait list HERE.